BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mama Mia!!

>

So today, April 18, i had lunch with my family over at Dad's Kamayan, Saisaki at SM Megamall. And it's not just an ordinary lunch out. I pigged out. After all the days of jogging, wearing my waist trimming binder, jumping ropes and working out, I indulged into a feast of everything fatty and fattening. Now my tummy is bigger than ever. I can't even sit up straight. And what's worse is, i had a wardrobe malfunction.

It's my mom's birthday today. She is around 56 years old i think. My mom is just like a typical county girl that went to the city. She's the ultimate homemaker. She's definitely not the modern-type but we are slowly working out our way into getting her to try on sleeveless blouses, put on some make up, and introducing her to a little more culture. She doesn't have much of a clique to hang out with though she have some colleagues over at their school (she's a teacher by the way). Some might see her as corny and KJ. She doesn't want to travel because she doesn't want to ride the plane, board the ship, or even go to long long terrain trips. She loves shopping. She is simply one of a kind.

When I was young, we used to hate her. My sister once tried to kill her with a hammer when she was 4. We also had this protest against her when she slapped our butts over at something i really don't quite remember. I just remembered that we refused to eat the food she cooked. Instead we cooked our own Lucky Me pansit canton that we bought out of selling our old toys. That's also when we learned to wash our own clothes. And we promised not to talk to her ever again. We used to ignore her when she's having emotional outbursts. She once cried and shouted at us for not greeting her Happy Mother's day early in the morning. It is until just recently that i realized she must have been going through her menopause stage. I used to hate her for making me pluck out her white hairs on friday and saturday nights while watching bubble gang. She will pay me 1 peso per hair. I even tried to pull my white leo stuff toy's fur and hand it over in a twizzer but she realized it's too thin and shiny to be human hair. My relationship with my mom is not quite as good as others had when i was young. It was a series of slaps, pingot, kurot and palo. But now i realize that for every hit she gives us, it's more like hitting her heart 5 times. For every squeal and cry, it breaks her heart 5 times more. No mother is too hard to see her son suffer in her very own hands. But she knows she had to do it. Though my mom raised me that way (maybe that's the reason why my kuyukot is dark), i understand, she's just doing her job.

My mom has changed a lot over the past few years. She used to be the cranky and labile one. Being a public school teacher, she is used to dealing with the naughtiest and rowdiest kids. She was not the sweet, cheesy kind of mom. I once thought she had problems showing her true emotions that's why she usually cranks up everytime. She nags a lot. But i realized she does that when she's happy. She talks a lot about the things she hate when everyone is sitting at the dining table eating dinner. She now kisses us on the cheek during mass after the Our Father. She still prepares my baon every single day that i go to work. She washes the dishes, does the laundry, and presses them on weekends. I can tell that she's aging slowly. Her nerves hurt at times. Yet she still keeps on doing the things she does without complaining. She once had this barrier. And now she's slowly opening up to us. And she has gone a far length just to be where she is right now.

It's not easy when you are expected to perform your responsibilities and try to fight your own personal demons inside at the same time. I don't really know my mom's history that much or what she had gone through in the past. But mom has gone through a milestone when it comes to being a mother for all of us. She has done a fantastic job. Now our relationship with her has gone up to a different level. We love her. That's one thing we don't usually say to her. But i know she knows it in her heart. For every kiss, for every hug, even for every puting buhok, she knows we love her so much. I may not be able to meet a girl and get married someday. But i'm happy enough that i was able to share my life with the most wonderful girl I have ever and would ever see. Happy birthday MAMA!



0 comments: